Community

Modesto is our town. There are tons of things that make it great. There are a bunch of things that we can do to make it better. We can volunteer, help others, give ideas, talk a lot, gather together, get a new job and a variety of things. We try to make it easier to find some community resources to make life better and more fun.

When a friend comes up to you and complains, “I would really like to volunteer, but I don’t know where to go”, you have a snappy answer. Here are some organizations that really need help. Whether you have time, money, ideas or all of the above, please contact these organizations and help our community. Every project, no matter how small will have a positive impact. There are so many things in Modesto that make our community great. This page has a variety of resources to help make you aware of things that we all can do in our city. Here are some main issues that you need to know.

community

JazzView – July R&B Fun

JazzView – July R&B Fun

Blues&JazzView by Eric Benson What’s new with Jazz and the Blues News? If you luv music you’re gonna love this And the summer rolls on and it’s time to go to summer camp, Coop Camp Sierra is a destination I have gone to since I was 12 years old every year. First girl friend, carving […]

By June 28, 2018 Read More →
BargainView – Hello July!

BargainView – Hello July!

BargainView By Monica Barber Hello July! Hope you’re ready for the Summer, Modesto because it’s ready for you. Today finds Ms. M by the pool sipping iced tea and reading a murder mystery. She’s been trying her hand at the Summer Reading Challenge at the Downtown Modesto Library this year. Good news dolls, the challenge […]

By June 28, 2018 Read More →
5 questions with Josephine Johnson

5 questions with Josephine Johnson

5 questions with Josephine Johnson Written by Monica Barber   As a singer-songwriter, Josephine Johnson has continued to create music that resonates with the hearts of her listeners. Josephine is a talented instrumentalist switching between ukulele and guitar in her live performances. More often than not her songs are an insight into her life and tell the tales […]

By June 21, 2018 Read More →
FitView – Fitness Bursts

FitView – Fitness Bursts

By Efren Martinez Fitness Bursts The standard has been set up for years, long workouts are the most beneficial to your overall health and life span. Or are they? Just recently all this has changed. New studies out now are continually starting to show that fitness bursts are and can be just as effective as […]

AllAges Pages

AllAges Pages

AllAgesView By Leia Johnson Spring is a tough act to follow, God created June -Al Bernstein It’s Gemini season! This means June should be spent with your friends doing things that are energetic and intellectual! This is a month to be conscious of your environment, figuratively and literally. Be sure to surround yourself with positive […]

RockabillyView – Blues fest June 23rd

RockabillyView – Blues fest June 23rd

RockabillyView By Jennifer Allsup Modesto Blues Festival makes another comeback! John Black and Peer Recovery presents Bill Clinton Chicken Whisky Band. With Mr. Clifton’s new project coming from Fresno California he is no stranger to playing music in the Modesto Area. Bill started many years ago as a guitar player for the MAMA Winning Mofo […]

5 Questions with The Spicy Latina, Serena Gamboa

5 Questions with The Spicy Latina, Serena Gamboa

5 Questions with The Spicy Latina, Serena Gamboa By Monica Barber   Some people have a better knack at being completely comfortable with themselves than others are. They’re the types who are at ease instantly in a new situation, and seem as natural to the environment the way the sun looks perfect no matter where […]

By June 11, 2018 Read More →
Amy Grant comes to the Fruit Yard

Amy Grant comes to the Fruit Yard

The new Fruit Yard Amphitheater and Richter Entertainment Group are proud to announce their first concert featuring Grammy award-winning artist Amy Grant.  Amy Grant will be joined by contemporary Christian artist Tim Timmons for a night of inspiration, stories, songs and more in the comfort of our new amphitheater among our famous fruit orchards. Amy […]

By June 11, 2018 Read More →
SingerSongwriterView: Where were you in 62?

SingerSongwriterView: Where were you in 62?

The Gleam In Dad’s Eye By Patty Castillo Davis The answer to “Where Were You In ’62?” is the title of my column this month. My stoic, quiet Dad, Alonzo Castillo is the sole reason I am in BIG love with Linda Ronstadt today. He cultivated a musical environment from which I gleaned influences from […]

Modesto Sound Community Events

Modesto Sound Community Events

1) Free Public Showcase at the library for California Audio Roots Project on June 23rd 2) Recording Arts Music Camp week of July 9th 3) Audio Technology Classes start July 17th California Audio Roots Showcase  On Saturday, June 23 Modesto Sound will be hosting an event to showcase our newest project. The California Audio Roots Project […]

By June 6, 2018 Read More →
MetalView: Festival Season

MetalView: Festival Season

MetalView: Festival Season By Eve Oberlander Festival season is upon us. Now’s the time to let you know when and where so you can make Metal Summer plans. To kick this month off there is Bay Area Death Fest. This is one you don’t want to miss. Bay Area Death Fest takes place at Cornerstone […]

By June 4, 2018 Read More →
MAMAView: Graffiti Summer

MAMAView: Graffiti Summer

MAMAView: Graffiti Summer By Middagh Goodwin  We are in the midst of Graffiti Summer, and that means that MAMA season is just around the corner.  You might not know that the Modesto Area Music Association is a 501c-3 non-profit, that over the last few years we have been actively booking or helping others to book […]

By June 3, 2018 Read More →
ComedyView: Hello Hello

ComedyView: Hello Hello

ComedyView By Felicia Aleman Hello, hello, hello. Break out your tank tops and sunscreen, this summer is so hot I’ve already ovulated a poached egg. Don’t be bummed the AC isn’t working, go out for some laughs. This month, my video interview is with Jason Sohm, a comic from Manteca. Since I’ve met him, he […]

By June 1, 2018 Read More →
BrewView: Be(er) Yourself at PizzaRev

BrewView: Be(er) Yourself at PizzaRev

BrewView: Be(er) Yourself By Brandilyn Brown and Christopher Mitchell Ever wonder if you are considered a “glass is half empty” or a “glass is half full” person? Do you love beer? Then we have the perfect way for you to determine once and for all which category you fall into! PizzaRev, owned by Ray and […]

By June 1, 2018 Read More →
BusinessView: A Bird’s Nest

BusinessView: A Bird’s Nest

The Bird’s Nest A natural hand and foot spa & artisan boutique 422 15th st 209-604-7754 Tammy Bird GRAND OPENING June 16, 2018 Noon to 4 pm LIVE MUSIC BY Mattea Overstreet Andrew Durr Makashakti Vendors An epic silent auction Appetizers And refreshments “The Bird’s Nest is a nest to rest your feet. Tammy Bird […]

By May 30, 2018 Read More →