Community

Modesto is our town. There are tons of things that make it great. There are a bunch of things that we can do to make it better. We can volunteer, help others, give ideas, talk a lot, gather together, get a new job and a variety of things. We try to make it easier to find some community resources to make life better and more fun.

When a friend comes up to you and complains, “I would really like to volunteer, but I don’t know where to go”, you have a snappy answer. Here are some organizations that really need help. Whether you have time, money, ideas or all of the above, please contact these organizations and help our community. Every project, no matter how small will have a positive impact. There are so many things in Modesto that make our community great. This page has a variety of resources to help make you aware of things that we all can do in our city. Here are some main issues that you need to know.

community

Featured Friday: Scott Simpson

Featured Friday: Scott Simpson

By April 26, 2019 Read More →
City of Modesto’s Recycling Mascots Have Names!

City of Modesto’s Recycling Mascots Have Names!

By April 25, 2019 Read More →
CyberPatriot Summer Boot Camp offered at MJC

CyberPatriot Summer Boot Camp offered at MJC

CyberPatriot Summer Boot Camp offered at MJC Modesto Junior College is hosting a CyberPatriot Summer Boot Camp for high school students on July 22-26, 2019, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Center for Advanced Technologies on East Campus. This is the second summer that MJC has hosted a cyber camp through a partnership […]

Go Modesto Motown Fry Fest

Go Modesto Motown Fry Fest

Go Modesto: Motown Fry Fest Modesto’s own Omega Nu presents Motown Fry Fest Saturday, April 27th 4-8 pm! Experience the creativity of local chefs as they put their culinary skills to the test with loaded fries you’ll love! From the savory to the sweet and everything in between, there will be something for everyone at […]

By April 20, 2019 Read More →
KidsView  – 20 Things to do with Kids

KidsView – 20 Things to do with Kids

20 Things to Do with Kids. There are so many things to do this spring now that it has sprung. We have so much variety of places to go and things to do. Most of these are free and the rest are really affordable. Please share your other things to do with kids at info@modestoview.com […]

Central Valley Brewfest

Central Valley Brewfest

By April 15, 2019 Read More →
Featured Friday: John JB Black

Featured Friday: John JB Black

Each Friday we are featuring a member of our community to help get to know them better. Our friends, our neighbors, educators and administrators, musicians and business owners anyone that inspires us and our community. If you know someone you think should be featured please email us at info@modestoview.com This week we feature John Black […]

By April 12, 2019 Read More →
Featured Friday: MJ Mangano

Featured Friday: MJ Mangano

Featured Friday: MJ Mangano Michael J Mangano aka MJ is ModestoView, Gallo Center for the Arts and MJC resident photographer and graphic artists. He takes the pictures and creates the amazing covers every month for the Magazine. Most of the photographs you see posted by ModestoView be it on Facebook or Instagram are taken by […]

By April 5, 2019 Read More →
Star Wars Day May the Fourth

Star Wars Day May the Fourth

StarWarsView: May the 4th Be With You! By Middagh Goodwin All over the world, Star Wars will be on everyone’s mind on May 4th. This is a special day here in Modesto USA where we are the “#homeofstarwars Yes, friends, this is our day and we are going to celebrate and bring the action to […]

By April 4, 2019 Read More →
WalkAMileView – Help Us Stop Domestic Violence

WalkAMileView – Help Us Stop Domestic Violence

WalkaMileView By Chris Murphy We have no use for spousal abuse. This is something that we all must stand up against and prevent sexual abuse of any kind. We must support those that protect our most vulnerable in our community. The Haven Women’s Center does work that is literally life saving in the most dangerous […]

By April 3, 2019 Read More →
Unplugged View: Bizetennial

Unplugged View: Bizetennial

Unplugged View: Bizetennial by Aaron Rowan “All music is folk music. I ain’t never heard no horse sing a song.” – Louis Armstrong. Opera Modesto is preparing to stage the world’s most beloved opera work, Georges Bizet’s CARMEN, first performed in 1875. As part of the festivities leading to the big production at the Gallo Center […]

FitView: My Gym Re-View

FitView: My Gym Re-View

FitView: My Gym Re-View By Efren Martinez Since 2004 I’ve been in and out of various gyms with always electing my home gym to be the best. Why not? It’s at my convenience in my home with a Spa/lap pool, treadmill, spin bike, elliptical, loads of free weights and a DJ Studio 54 flair. What […]

MAMAView Spring Cleaning

MAMAView Spring Cleaning

MAMAView: Spring Cleaning By Middagh Goodwin It is officially Spring and time to do some proverbial  “spring cleaning”. Go through your merch and see what needs to be replenished or replaced with something fresh. Make plans to record a new song or go out and shoot a new video, even if it is just an […]

By April 1, 2019 Read More →
ComedyView

ComedyView

ComedyView By Felicia Aleman Hello, hello, hello. Watch out! Your shoe’s untied…AAAGH! There’s a spider in your hair…April Fools. Did I get you? Somewhere second graders are falling for these classics. Because of this, I’ve decided to go back to the old days and momentous dates in history. April 1, 1778, is acknowledged as the […]

ArtView: Artful Showers

ArtView: Artful Showers

Art View: Artful Showers By Jim Christiansen April showers us with Earth Day, Open Studio, Art Walk, and more. In my case, its time to build new walls around my new carport art studio. Having to move recently, I am showing my art at Moon and Sixpence for the Stanislaus Artist Open Studio April 6 […]