Community

Modesto is our town. There are tons of things that make it great. There are a bunch of things that we can do to make it better. We can volunteer, help others, give ideas, talk a lot, gather together, get a new job and a variety of things. We try to make it easier to find some community resources to make life better and more fun.

When a friend comes up to you and complains, “I would really like to volunteer, but I don’t know where to go”, you have a snappy answer. Here are some organizations that really need help. Whether you have time, money, ideas or all of the above, please contact these organizations and help our community. Every project, no matter how small will have a positive impact. There are so many things in Modesto that make our community great. This page has a variety of resources to help make you aware of things that we all can do in our city. Here are some main issues that you need to know.

community

MAMAView: Preparing for the Road

MAMAView: Preparing for the Road

MAMAView: Preparing for the Road By Middagh Goodwin We have entered the first days of Spring, and as musicians, we are looking towards the Summer. The weather is warming up, and plans for touring is at least in the back of your mind. Unfortunately quite often like the rabbit we are not entirely prepared when […]

By April 3, 2018 Read More →
UnpluggedView: Songcatchers

UnpluggedView: Songcatchers

UnpluggedView: Songcatchers by Aaron Rowan A warm tropical evening on an island in the Panama Canal. I join my dear friend on the balcony of the laboratory building, where she is about to wind down another day of research in the best possible way – the making of live music. A few of her fellow scientists […]

By April 2, 2018 Read More →
BluesView April Show-ers

BluesView April Show-ers

BluesView: By Earl Matthews Hello everyone, we have a month packed with fun stuff to do so let’s get to it. On the 5th Poorhouse Millionaires and friends are back at Ralston’s Goat for a fun night of local comedy and music. On the 6th you can catch Terrie Londee and the B-4 Dawn Band […]

By April 2, 2018 Read More →
April BrewView: Discover the 108

April BrewView: Discover the 108

BrewView: Discover the 108 By Brandilyn Brown and Christopher Mitchell If you’re like us, you are always on the look out to try new drinks at new places. But being us, who tend to be oblivious at times, you might drive right past a great place many times before stopping in, not aware of any […]

By April 1, 2018 Read More →
The Oakdale Rodeo

The Oakdale Rodeo

The Oakdale Rodeo is happening once again the second weekend in April the 14th and 15th at the Oakdale Rodeo Grounds.  Oakdale Saddle Club has been celebrating the cities western heritage and creating a family-themed event that has been shared with the community and beyond since 1946. Things get started early with local team roping […]

By March 30, 2018 Read More →
MJC New Student Days

MJC New Student Days

MJC hosts New Student Days to enroll high school seniors and other first time students (Modesto, CA) – Modesto Junior College will host its annual “New Student Day” events to enroll high school seniors and other first time students on Saturday, April 14 and Thursday, June 14, 2018, on East Campus, 435 College Avenue, Modesto. Students […]

By March 24, 2018 Read More →
NewView: Exit Escape Room Adventures Professor Pittsburgh

NewView: Exit Escape Room Adventures Professor Pittsburgh

NewView: Exit Escape Room Adventures Professor Pittsburgh by Brandilyn Brown of BrewView You might remember when BrewView went to the Exit Escape Room Adventures, to escape from the “Saloon” room back in March. We had to find the stash of cash from a saloon owner’s illegal poker games and get out of the room within […]

By March 20, 2018 Read More →
Black Panther’s Message to the World

Black Panther’s Message to the World

Black Panther’s Message to the World By Shelby Benz I had so much fun seeing Black Panther with my mother in on February 23. The amount of research and thought put into every element of the production is truly amazing and clearly evident. The movie is a perfect example of Marvel’s increasingly practiced talent of […]

By March 13, 2018 Read More →
GEEKView Grape City Con

GEEKView Grape City Con

GEEKView-Grape City Con By Middagh Goodwin At the time of writing this, the Black Panther is the number one grossing movie in Theatres and set box office records, proving once again Geek is Shiek. If you have not seen it yet make sure you catch a screening before too many spoilers are leaked. Comic Cons […]

By March 8, 2018 Read More →
ChefView Go Green

ChefView Go Green

ChefView: Go Green By Tasha Williams Ann Endsley is a beautiful person both inside and out. She has a heart to serve our Modesto community in as many ways as she possibly can. I spoke with her just long enough to briefly discuss her beautiful restaurant, Greens on Tenth. Though our conversation was short, she […]

By March 5, 2018 Read More →
FitView Balls to the Wall

FitView Balls to the Wall

F FitView: Balls to the Wall By Efren Martinez As a man in fitness, I’m always thinking about how I can live a healthy active lifestyle outside of my regular workout routines. Swim, Bike, Run is a great deal of fun and a must as a Tri-Athlete. Although if you’re looking to incorporate more ways […]

By March 5, 2018 Read More →
MetalView Get Lucky

MetalView Get Lucky

MetalView-Get Lucky By Eve Oberlander Modesto’s Nude Medusa is back in action. They sound harder and heavier from when they first started a few years back. Their sound reminds me of stoner doom rock. They also have a sludge grunge sound, reminiscent of 1990’s alternative days. With band members Ericka on vocals and Potter on […]

By March 4, 2018 Read More →
MAMAView-Making Your Own Luck

MAMAView-Making Your Own Luck

MAMAView-Making Your Own Luck by Middagh Goodwin As an Independent Musician, you have to make your luck. What does that mean exactly? The days of management and record deals are over, and if you want to make your mark locally, regionally or hopefully Nationally, you have to make it happen yourself. Easier said than done, […]

By March 3, 2018 Read More →
BluesView: Fresh Tunes

BluesView: Fresh Tunes

BluesView By Big Earl Hello everyone and I hope you guys are enjoying the winter that almost wasn’t. Starting it off on the first I will be with the Poorhouse Millionaires at Ralston’s Goat and our host Felicia Aleman for an evening of comedy and music, the food is great and we always have a […]

By March 2, 2018 Read More →
SongwriterView She Marches On

SongwriterView She Marches On

SHE Marches On By Patty Castillo Davis Thursday, March 8 is International Women’s Day-Civil Awareness Day. In observance, splendid events and festivities will be celebrated all over the world. ModestoUSA will commemorate International Women’s Day with a happening all its own. Bringing the press for progress Downtown and powered by the collective efforts of the […]