Community

Modesto is our town. There are tons of things that make it great. There are a bunch of things that we can do to make it better. We can volunteer, help others, give ideas, talk a lot, gather together, get a new job and a variety of things. We try to make it easier to find some community resources to make life better and more fun.

When a friend comes up to you and complains, “I would really like to volunteer, but I don’t know where to go”, you have a snappy answer. Here are some organizations that really need help. Whether you have time, money, ideas or all of the above, please contact these organizations and help our community. Every project, no matter how small will have a positive impact. There are so many things in Modesto that make our community great. This page has a variety of resources to help make you aware of things that we all can do in our city. Here are some main issues that you need to know.

community

GeekView: Mark Your Calendars

GeekView: Mark Your Calendars

GeekView: Mark Your CalendarsBy Middagh Goodwin April is not a month you normally would think would be packed full of geeky fun, but this year you would be wrong. Rogue One and the Original Star Wars Trilogy will be on the big screen once again at The State at the end of the month with […]

By April 4, 2022 Read More →
Jazz-BluesView: Getting Back to the New Normal

Jazz-BluesView: Getting Back to the New Normal

Jazz-BluesView: Getting Back to the New NormalBy Eric Benson I am back promoting live music in downtown and keeping things rolling for myself, the music and the fans. Vinnie appreciated everything I did and that means a lot. And a shout out to those that have supported me: Chris Murphy, Gary Nelson, John Black, John […]

By April 3, 2022 Read More →
BrewView: Pageo Lavender Farm Lavender Margaritas

BrewView: Pageo Lavender Farm Lavender Margaritas

BrewView: Pageo Lavender Farm Lavender Margaritas By Brandilynn and Christopher Mitchell   In 2015, #BrewView attended the first annual VinoFest, and it was held at the magical Pageo Lavender Farm. It was such a quaint and small event-only 15 wine makers or so-and as you walked around to sample wines you got to chat with […]

UnpluggedView: The Saint Valentine’s Delay Mass Acher

UnpluggedView: The Saint Valentine’s Delay Mass Acher

UnpluggedView: The Saint Valentine’s Delay Mass Acherby Aaron Rowan “Een nieuwe lente, een nieuw geluid,” as they say in the Netherlands. A new spring, a new sound. After a two-month delay, Sunday Afternoons At CBS is hosting its annual Valentine Concert & Tea on April 3 at 3 PM. The torch has passed to Liisa […]

By April 1, 2022 Read More →
Without ART the Earth is Just EH.

Without ART the Earth is Just EH.

MAMAView: Without ART the Earth is Just EH.By Middagh Goodwin I put on my first gig in over 2 years on March 23rd a sold-out Rockabilly show with Koffin Kats and The Pendletons at Ralston’s Goat. It felt good to see several people I have not seen in 2 or more years and to hear […]

By March 31, 2022 Read More →
GoDowntown: It’s Been A Hard Days Night

GoDowntown: It’s Been A Hard Days Night

GoDowntown: It’s Been A Hard Days NightIt has been a hard two years but music is coming back and so is the Benefit for CASA this year featuring the music of The Beatles. Let’s all come together on April 1st at 7 pm at the State Theatre and twist and shout as The Vibe, Third […]

By March 29, 2022 Read More →
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Comes to Graffiti USA

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Comes to Graffiti USA

“Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” Comes to the Graffiti Museum on April 2nd MODESTO, CA (March 28 2022) – We all know and love the classic 1968 film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, but we cannot wait to see it performed LIVE by Modesto Christian Performing Arts at the Gallo Center on April 8th. The Modesto Graffiti USA Museum is […]

By March 28, 2022 Read More →
Five Eye Brewing Collabs with Homebrew Club the Brewins

Five Eye Brewing Collabs with Homebrew Club the Brewins

“Five Eye Brewing collabs with Homebrew Club The Brewins for May Release”  By Christopher and Brandilyn Mitchell   Five Eye Brewing in Ceres, CA and the Brewins homebrew club will collaborate on new beer to be released in May.    The two brewers of Five Eye, Alan Atkins and Steve Verner, are both Valley natives […]

By March 20, 2022 Read More →
RockabillyView: Celebrating Modesto’s Roots in Music

RockabillyView: Celebrating Modesto’s Roots in Music

RockabillyView: Celebrating Modesto’s Roots in MusicBy Middagh Goodwin A key component and root sound of Rockabilly and in turn Rock n’ Roll can be traced back to the Doghouse slap bass style of Fred Maddox. The Maddox Brothers and Rose started playing music in Modesto back in 1937 and garnered crowds wherever they played. Bill […]

By March 9, 2022 Read More →
MAMAView: Learn, Play, Support

MAMAView: Learn, Play, Support

MAMAView:By Middagh Goodwin It is March and we are celebrating Music in Education in the BigView. I would encourage anyone to enroll in a music class, either in school or at one of the great local schools of Rock. There is Valley Music Institute here in downtown Modesto that Darin Morris has been running since […]

By March 5, 2022 Read More →
FitView: Modesto Bike Trails

FitView: Modesto Bike Trails

FitView: Your Modesto Bike TrailsBy Efren Martinez This March’s FitView was inspired by our friend Middagh Goodwin. It was he who gave me the idea as well as the information on our local bike trails. Honestly, I was never one to explore our local trails since I’ve always been more of a road bike kind […]

By March 4, 2022 Read More →
UnpluggedView: Tumbleweeds

UnpluggedView: Tumbleweeds

UnpluggedView: Tumbleweedsby Aaron Rowan I binged my way through Amazon’s ‘Jack Reacher’ series last month. I admire the character, that heroic hulking hobo who wanders around the country at will with no permanent address. In the show he comes to a small town because of a local musician he wants to learn more about, and, […]

By March 3, 2022 Read More →
JazzBluesView: Live Music Downtown

JazzBluesView: Live Music Downtown

JazzBuesView: Live Music DowntownBy Eric Benson Live Music Downtown, Put your mask on and come on down! Well, I got my soul vaccination, got boosted and still got Covid but got through it and am alive to tell the tale. Please get vaccinated folks for yourself and for those around you that are vulnerable. People […]

By March 3, 2022 Read More →
GeekView: The Latinx Comic Arts Festival

GeekView: The Latinx Comic Arts Festival

GeekView: The Latinx Comic Arts FestivalBy Dr. Theresa Rojas   The 2022 Latinx Comic Arts Festival (LCAF) returns LIVE March 25-26 (11am-7pm) for a 2-day FREE comics convention at Modesto Junior College! LCAF is the Central Valley’s celebration of Latino comic arts creators and friends. We showcase some of the most talented people in the […]

By March 2, 2022 Read More →
Women Are Essential

Women Are Essential

Women Are EssentialBy Patty Castillo Davis The 2022 Women’s History Month theme is “Providing Healing, Promoting Hope”, is both a tribute to the ceaseless work of caregivers and frontline workers during this ongoing pandemic and also a recognition of the thousands of ways that women of all cultures have provided both healing and hope throughout […]